Smarter Shows (Tarsus) Limited, now part of the global Informa group, is a vibrant, dynamic business-to-business exhibition and conference company. We are seeking an experienced Senior Sales Manager to join our Ceramics Expo team
The ideal candidate will be based in Brighton or local travel area. Managing a large number of existing and prospective clients, you will be responsible for selling exhibition space, sponsorship, print and digital advertising for Ceramics Expo brand in North America.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact as a senior member of our sales division. A key supporting role to the Event Director, based in the UK, you must be an initiative-taking self-starter and will have the opportunity to take a leading client-facing role for our Ceramics Expo brand. You will be responsible for growing the exhibition via successfully securing key new acquisition targets and proposing new growth strategies and even related launch events in line with the portfolio’s growth strategy. You will do this through establishing and maintaining strong relationships with your clients – understanding their objectives and requirements and feeding back critical intelligence to help shape the event and its future direction.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Exhibition, sponsorship, and digital sales via proactive sourcing of new clients / effective management of existing relationships
- Present and negotiate with clients at a senior level
- Ability to conduct effective client meetings both virtually and in person
- Achieve all agreed sales targets across the product portfolio
- Effective collaboration with the Event Director as well as the Marketing, Conference Production and Operations’ teams to create and fulfil a variety of profitable exhibitor and sponsor opportunities
- Keeping thoroughly abreast of the global competitive environment and keeping an accurate record to inform scheduling and event development decisions
- Attending competitive events and other travel in North America and Europe to meet with current and prospective clients
- Close collaboration with Operations to maintain an accurate and effective floorplan
- Close collaboration with Marketing to profile the exhibitor base and sponsors effectively on the website, and through the other directives and initiatives of the marketing campaign
- Accurate and timely maintenance of the company CRM system (Salesforce) including call /activity logging, pipeline management and analysis
- Gathering market intelligence from the exhibitor base to inform event development and growth strategies
Who you will be:
An ambitious, diligent, and charismatic event sales professional who has demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding growth targets through skilled new business acquisition and consultative account management. A proven salesperson with a minimum of 3 years relevant event / exhibition experience looking for more responsibility, prominence, and reward. You will have:
- Passion, drive, determination, and commitment to individual, team, and business goals
- The ability to develop and grow strong relationships at C-level
- Excellent questioning and closing skills
- A strong commercial understanding of events / exhibitions / digital
- An aptitude for quickly understanding new industries and markets to serve them effectively through the sale of commercial opportunities
- Well-honed research and analytical skills in understanding the competitive marketplace and developing strategies and tactics to sell our events effectively given competitive market conditions
- The ability to work autonomously but with a team mentality - understanding the importance of effective collaboration and able to work with a variety of functions towards positive solutions and outcomes
- Great organisational and time management skills to effectively manage and report on active sales campaigns
- Knowledge of online meeting platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google
- Salesforce CRM Experience
- An Articulate, Professional and well-presented demeanour
Smarter Shows is a B2B exhibition and conference brand owner, delivering a portfolio of sector leading live events primarily in the aerospace, automotive and materials industries. Innovative and agile, we are a truly 21st-century events business.
Our global sales, marketing, conference production and operations teams are experts in creating commercial exhibitions and conferences for a range of industries. We pride ourselves on our ability to develop relationships with the leaders of the industry, bringing qualified decision-makers together and establishing our events as the industry meeting place.
Tarsus Group delivers B2B events across the globe along with digital media & industry-focussed publications. Our events and media help our customers to address their current business challenges and prepare for upcoming opportunities. Tarsus Group operates globally across numerous verticals including aviation, medical, labels, travel and manufacturing with leading brands such as the Dubai Airshow, Labelexpo, Hometex and Connect Meetings in its portfolio.
Tarsus was bought by private equity group Charterhouse Capital Partners in 2019 who successfully managed the business through Covid and grew the business through a series of strategic acquisitions, before entering into an agreement to sell the Group to Informa plc in March 2023 for $940m (pending completion).
Tarsus Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, citizenship, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, marital status, or other legally protected status.