Smarter Shows, part of the global Tarsus Group business, is a vibrant, dynamic B2B exhibition and conference company. We are seeking an experienced Sales Manager to join our Space Tech Expo team to realise the significant growth opportunities this buoyant sector has to offer.
We are considering US candidates based in California, with the opportunity to work remotely elsewhere on the West Coast or indeed at our offices in Rosemont. Additionally, we are also considering UK based candidates able to work from our offices in Brighton on a hybrid pattern.
You will be working independently but as part of an established remote team spanning the Atlantic! Managing a large number of prospective clients, you will be responsible for selling exhibition space, sponsorship, print and digital advertising for Space Tech Expo brand in North America.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Exhibition, sponsorship, and digital sales via proactive sourcing of new clients
- Present and negotiate with clients at a senior level
- Ability to conduct effective client meetings both virtually and in person
- Achieve all agreed sales targets across the product portfolio
- Sales reporting including revenue, pipeline, and activity reporting.
- Effective collaboration with the Event Director as well as the Marketing, Conference Production and Operations’ teams to create and fulfil a variety of profitable exhibitor and sponsor opportunities
- Keeping thoroughly abreast of the global competitive environment and keeping an accurate record to inform scheduling and event development decisions
- Attending competitive events and other travel in North America and occasionally internationally to meet with current and prospective clients
- Close collaboration with Operations to maintain an accurate and effective floorplan
- Close collaboration with Marketing to profile the exhibitor base and sponsors effectively on the website, and through the other directives and initiatives of the marketing campaign
- Accurate and timely maintenance of the company CRM system (Salesforce) including call logging, pipeline management and analysis
- Gathering market intelligence from the exhibitor base to inform event development and growth strategies
Who you will be:
An ambitious, diligent, and charismatic event sales professional who has demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding growth targets through skilled new business acquisition and consultative account management.
A proven salesperson with a minimum of 4 years relevant event / exhibition experience looking for more responsibility, prominence, and reward.
Essential skills and experience:
- Passion, drive, determination, and commitment to individual, team, and business goals
- The ability to develop and grow strong relationships at C-level
- Excellent questioning and closing skills
- A strong commercial understanding of events / exhibitions / digital
- An aptitude for quickly understanding new industries and markets to serve them effectively through the sale of commercial opportunities
- Well-honed research and analytical skills in understanding the competitive marketplace and developing strategies and tactics to sell our events effectively given competitive market conditions
- The ability to work autonomously but with a team mentality - understanding the importance of effective collaboration and able to work with a variety of functions towards positive solutions and outcomes
- Great organisational and time management skills to effectively manage and report on active sales campaigns
- Knowledge of online meeting platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google
- Salesforce CRM Experience
- An Articulate, Professional and well-presented demeanour
Tarsus was bought by private equity group Charterhouse Capital Partners in 2019 who successfully managed the business through Covid and grew the business through a series of strategic acquisitions, before entering into an agreement to sell the Group to Informa plc in March 2023 for $940m.
Tarsus Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, citizenship, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, marital status, or other legally protected status.
- Sales Manager
- Rosemont, IL, Brighton
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
What we offer
For example, write something about the compensation that you offer, is it competitive?
What kind of social activities do you do together? Write about everything from lunches together to annual trips.
Do you for example offer your employees some kind of health care?
Tarsus Gives scheme
Who we are
Team Tarsus is a diverse, skilled and open group of people based all over the world. We believe in bringing people together and supporting our staff as they learn and grow. We help each other to solve problems and have fun together. We work hard, but we know how to enjoy ourselves too.
We put people first - our employees, our customers and our partners.
About Tarsus Group
Tarsus Group delivers B2B events across the globe along with digital media & industry-focussed publications. Our events and media help businesses to grow and prepare for upcoming opportunities. We operate globally across numerous industries including aerospace, healthcare, travel and manufacturing.
Loading application form
Already working at Tarsus Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.