Group Finance Manager
Tarsus Group is currently looking for an experienced finance professional to join us as a Group Finance Manager.
Tarsus has finance teams across the world that report into the Group finance function here in London. This role is an integral part of the Group finance team, and plays a vital role in consolidating the global results of the Group. The role has exposure working directly with other members of the Global team, and the successful candidate will liaise with their international counterparts on a daily/weekly basis.
The role reports to the Group Finance Controller, and has 2 direct reports to assist with the preparation of the head office entity management accounts and the Group consolidation. This is a diverse role which is ideal for a candidate looking to develop in many different areas and broaden their experience base.
Amongst other areas the role offers wide and detailed exposure to the Group function and consolidation process from all angles, with exposure to senior members of the organisation, including the Group FD/CFO.
Accuracy and the ability to work under pressure and multi-task are key requirements of this position, together with the ability to build strong relationships with finance partners across the world.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, including annual bonuses
- Hybrid work arrangements
- A range of benefits including health and life insurance
- A supportive and truly international team
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects within events and publishing, supporting some of the most well known B2B events in a number of industries
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA preferred)
- 2-3 years of post-qualification experience
- Understanding of working with international company/PLCs
- Knowledge and experience of a computerised consolidation package preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Understanding of statutory accounts under IFRS and FRS102 preferred
Skills and abilities:
- Willingness and appetite to learn and develop
- Attention to detail and the ability to see jobs through to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Uses initiative, is proactive and takes responsibility for own work
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Thrives under pressure
- Strong team player
- Strong motivational skills
- Co-ordinating the consolidation of worldwide submissions and preparation of Month End reporting including challenging submissions with local FDs and integrating feedback into reporting
- Reviewing monthly P&L submissions at a divisional / show level and making comparisons to forecast and budget. Making enquiries regarding any variances to local FD’s.
- Responsible for review of balance sheet, reserves and cash flow statement and responsibility of items such as Exceptional Costs, Other Income, FX, etc
- Approving monthly consolidation journals (e.g. elimination of investments, amortization, FX journals, etc)
- Preparation of monthly P&L exceptional reporting.
- Preparation of monthly Group FX analysis
- Responsibility for related areas in the Group monthly management accounts
- Statutory reporting / year end
- Co-ordinating the preparation of Annual Report under IFRS and UK statutory accounts under FRS102
- Challenging submissions and inputs directly with Regional FDs and their teams
- Liaising with Auditors and Tax advisors to provide analysis and answering queries
- Taking responsibility of certain disclosures and technical accounting areas, including writing technical papers for the Annual Report
- Responsibility for P&L and cash forecasts and budgets for Group Central companies
- Responsibility for correct treatment of Group costs
- Involvement in the consolidation and variance analysis of Group consolidated cash budgets and forecasts
- FP&A support at key times of the year for Group forecast and budgeting exercises.
- Responsible for monitoring and co-ordinating cash in the Group and ensuring enough cash is available in the UK and Group for payments
- Preparation and execution of FX deal instructions to bank swap currencies
- Preparation and continual improvement of consolidated twelve week cash forecasts
- Key user Group consolidation software (Tagetik)
- Ad hoc project work and acquisition support
- Review and direct feedback to divisions on quarterly balance sheet reviews
- Ongoing compilation of systems notes and process maps
- Review of show close reports
- Opportunity to work on the integration of Tarsus Group into Informa plc, which is expected to be an extensive project throughout 2023 and into 2024.
Tarsus Group delivers B2B events across the globe along with digital media & industry-focussed publications. Our events and media help our customers to address their current business challenges and prepare for upcoming opportunities. Tarsus Group operates globally across numerous verticals including aviation, medical, labels, travel and manufacturing with leading brands such as the Dubai Airshow, Labelexpo, Hometex and Connect Meetings in its portfolio.
Tarsus was founded, and listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1998; with its head office in London.
Tarsus was bought by private equity group Charterhouse Capital Partners in 2019 who successfully managed the business through Covid and grew the business through a series of strategic acquisitions, before entering into an agreement to sell the Group to Informa plc in March 2023 for $940m (pending completion).
We have offices in the UK, USA, Shanghai, Mexico, Istanbul, Jakarta and Dubai, employing over 700 people.
Tarsus Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, citizenship, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, marital status, or other legally protected status.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
What we offer
For example, write something about the compensation that you offer, is it competitive?
What kind of social activities do you do together? Write about everything from lunches together to annual trips.
Do you for example offer your employees some kind of health care?
Tarsus Gives scheme
Who we are
Team Tarsus is a diverse, skilled and open group of people based all over the world. We believe in bringing people together and supporting our staff as they learn and grow. We help each other to solve problems and have fun together. We work hard, but we know how to enjoy ourselves too.
We put people first - our employees, our customers and our partners.
About Tarsus Group
Tarsus Group delivers B2B events across the globe along with digital media & industry-focussed publications. Our events and media help businesses to grow and prepare for upcoming opportunities. We operate globally across numerous industries including aerospace, healthcare, travel and manufacturing.
Group Finance Manager
Loading application form
Already working at Tarsus Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.