Tarsus Group currently looking for an experienced Senior Accountant.
The role reports into the Controller and the standard hours are 8:30AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday, with some flexibility for occasional evening or weekend work. We operate a hybrid system with WFH days on Mondays and Fridays.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a knowledgeable, truly international team within an established and successful B2B media group.
The Senior Accountant has the responsibility to assist the controller in maintaining accurate books of accounts including bookkeeping, analysis and reporting. The main duties and responsibilities include
- Maintain overall controls on revenue ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Coordinating with Collections team to ensure accurate AR reporting
- Completing daily bank deposit
- Daily reconciliation of the bank statement
- Project Accounting including cost and revenue recognition
- Perform month end close activities, including accruals and equity roll-forwards
- Upload and maintain budgets in SAP and Tagetik
- Reviewing and approving Purchase Orders in line with budgets
- Prepare schedules and analysis for internal and external audit support
- Prepare and issue 1099s
- Prepare and review cash flow forecasting
- Prepare cross company recharges
- Analysis of Budgets vs Actuals
- Review Weekly sales reporting
- Assist with Balance sheet and Profit/Loss reconciliations, analysis and reporting
- Assist with Cash management and month end reporting
- Assist controller with commissions accounting and adhoc requests from Corporate in UK
- Assist controller with audit and tax requests
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactively take actions necessary to produce results.
- Generate timely decisions and have sound judgment.
- Build trust internally and externally, and command a professional image.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with non-accounting leaders
- Proficient in Excel – minimum of Vlookup, Pivots etc
- Detail oriented without losing sight of big picture
- Good time management to work in a fast paced environment
Required Education and Experience
- Accounting or Finance degree from an accredited college
- Experience in sales force and SAP is a plus
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Rosemont, IL
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
What we offer
For example, write something about the compensation that you offer, is it competitive?
What kind of social activities do you do together? Write about everything from lunches together to annual trips.
Do you for example offer your employees some kind of health care?
Tarsus Gives scheme
Who we are
Team Tarsus is a diverse, skilled and open group of people based all over the world. We believe in bringing people together and supporting our staff as they learn and grow. We help each other to solve problems and have fun together. We work hard, but we know how to enjoy ourselves too.
We put people first - our employees, our customers and our partners.
About Tarsus Group
Tarsus Group delivers B2B events across the globe along with digital media & industry-focussed publications. Our events and media help businesses to grow and prepare for upcoming opportunities. We operate globally across numerous industries including aerospace, healthcare, travel and manufacturing.
Loading application form
Already working at Tarsus Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.